- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Cup roughly chopped bulb onions
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Teaspoons minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 2 Teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground coriander
- Small pinch of cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 4 Cups low sodium chicken stock (or vegetable broth for vegetarian option)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 Cups of chopped roasted pumpkin purée
- 1 Cup water
- 1/8 Teaspoon black pepper
- Yogurt (for garnish)
- Toasted pumpkin seeds (for garnish)
Melt butter in your RT/105 casserole over medium heat; add the onions and sauté until golden brown.
Add the minced garlic and ginger, cook another minute.
Add the curry powder, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and salt. Cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the chicken stock and the bay leaves. Simmer for a minute then add the pumpkin puree and water. Stir to combine. If the soup is too thick for you to taste, add more stock or water to thin it.
Increase heat to high. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
Remove the bay leaves and put the puree soup in your RM/348 food processor.
Set to the preferred speed and run it till a fine smooth puree is attained.
Stir in your plain yogurt
Preheat RF/321 Ramtons cooker over 275 degrees C.
Slice the pumpkin in half, crosswise through the stem, and scoop out the seeds and strings.
Place halves, cut-side down, onto a baking sheet lined with aluminium foil.
Roast, uncovered, for 40-60 minutes, or until tender.
Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle. When cool, carefully scrape flesh from skin. Discard then skin.